RMAF 2010 & Beyond
RMAF 2010 & Beyond
I want to thank all who came to RMAF, especially those who came by HWS listened and actually got what I/HWS was delivering.
It was kind of crazy (both work & money wise) putting 2 systems opposite each other in one room and then playing musical chairs.
That said, I thought the whole happening was awesome (as did most people). The systems were put together by aesthetics and their relationship within the room. The results were a ying/yang play of 2 wonderful musical experiences.
My friend Terry Hardin and I are refreshing the HWS website, so please keep checking it out.
As far as 2011, HWS will be back in the same room at RMAF (589), but we will also be at Axpona Show in Atlanta in room 201.
Now for the good stuff, I am digging 2 new cartridges, the Grado Statement1 and the Phasemation P-1G.
Both cartridges are mounted on the amazing TW 10.5 tone arms coupled to the awe inspiring, TW Black Knight.
I am really digging both cartridges and will have more comments on each as they run in.
The rest of the system is Tron Syren, Tron SUT, Tron Telstar 211 SE and Horning Eufrodite Zigma Ultimate.
Everything is wired with Audience, yes, I said Audience AU24e cabling and it's really, really amazing. Actually, I am quite shocked how good the Audience cables really are. Like the Grado and the Phasemation, the Audience cables while not being cheap cheap, represent amazing musical communication at extremely fair pricing. I am now a total Audience Cable believer.
This is what I have been listening to since the show:
1. cindytalk: the poetry of decay, editions Mego 112V
2. Chris & Cosey: Heartbeat (Remastered Edition), Rough Trade CTILP001
3. Fennesz: Endless Summer, editions Mego 135V
4. Jandek: Chair Beside A Window, Corwood 0742
5. Emeralds: What Happened, edition Mego 109V
6. Villages: the last whole earth, harvest hrv 004
7. Fein O'Berg: Live in Japan, Part One, editions Mego 110.1
8. Fein O'Berg: Live in Japan, Part Two, editions Mego 110.2
9. Ben Nash: Magic Lantern, Blackest Rainbow BRR199
10.Imaginary Softwoods: ST, Digtalis DIG1060V
11.Steve Gunn-John Truscinski: Sand City, TLR-083
12.Marnie Stern: ST, Kill Rock Stars KRS516
13.mice parade: Collaborations, bubble core/After Hours AH-008LP
14.Mount Eerie: No Flashlight, P.W. Elverum & Sun, ELV005
15.Microphones: Don't Smoke/Get off the Internet, P.W. Elverum & Sun, ELV012 (45 rpm)
16.CWK Joynes & The Restless Dead, Bo' Weavil GPS60/BW02 (45 rpm)
17.The Ingoes: Before we were the Blossom Toes, Sunbeam SBRLP5077
18.Los Lobos: Tin Can Trust, Sutro Park SP1005
19.steve gunn: sundowner, harvest hrv 006
20.Walls:ST, Kompakt 212
21.borngraber & struver: in g, m=minimal/Kompakt 003
22.sub rosa vs. kompakt: V.A. Quantum 442
23.Barn Owl: Ancestral Star, Trill Jockey thrill 253
24.Mountains: Choral, Thrill Jockey thrill 211
25.tim hecker: haunt me, haunt me do it again, alien8 alienlp89
26.Conjasufi: The Caliph's Tea Party, Warp LP206
27.Marcus Fjellstrom: Schattenspieler, Miasmah Recordings MIALP013
28.V.A.: Twenty Centuries of Stony Sleep, Rune Grammofon RLP3100
29.Mount Eerie: Song Islands vol.2, P.W. Elverum & Sun ELV 022
30.Mount Eerie: Songs Live in Denmark, Burnt Toast BTV063
31.Boris: Damaged, Diwphalanx R-0750549 (10")
32.Charlie Parr: When The Devil Goes Blind, Nero's Neptune LP16
33.The Secret Dub Life of the Flying Lizards: ST, Staubgold analogue 3
34.Dan Melchior: 'Visionary Pants' S.S. Records SS049
35.Jefre Cantu-Ledesma: Love is a Stream, Type 075V
36.New York Dolls: Live at Radio Luxenbourg, Paris Dec. 1973, Lilith LR308
37.Mark McGuire: "Off in the Distance" Eleventh Module CHM 011
38.Ted Lucas: ST, Sebastian Speaks SSP 010LP
39.SOARS:ST, La Societe Expeditionnaire LSE018
40.Human Beinz: in Japan, Sunbeam SBRLP5076
41.V.A.: supersilent 11, Rune Grammofon RLP3103
42.Circus Devils: Ataxia, Happy Jack HJRR19
43.The Legendary Pink Dots: Seconds Late For The Brighton Line, Roir RUSLP 8317
44.Carl Oesterhelt/ Johannes Enders: Divertimento fur Tenorsaxophon und kleines Ensemble, alien transitor LC:00197
45.EN: The Absent Coast, Root Strata RS69
46.benoit pioulard:lasted, kranky KRANK145
47.Wayne Shorter: Night Dreamer, Blue Note/Music Matters ST-84173
"GO BUY RECORDS"
I want to thank all who came to RMAF, especially those who came by HWS listened and actually got what I/HWS was delivering.
It was kind of crazy (both work & money wise) putting 2 systems opposite each other in one room and then playing musical chairs.
That said, I thought the whole happening was awesome (as did most people). The systems were put together by aesthetics and their relationship within the room. The results were a ying/yang play of 2 wonderful musical experiences.
My friend Terry Hardin and I are refreshing the HWS website, so please keep checking it out.
As far as 2011, HWS will be back in the same room at RMAF (589), but we will also be at Axpona Show in Atlanta in room 201.
Now for the good stuff, I am digging 2 new cartridges, the Grado Statement1 and the Phasemation P-1G.
Both cartridges are mounted on the amazing TW 10.5 tone arms coupled to the awe inspiring, TW Black Knight.
I am really digging both cartridges and will have more comments on each as they run in.
The rest of the system is Tron Syren, Tron SUT, Tron Telstar 211 SE and Horning Eufrodite Zigma Ultimate.
Everything is wired with Audience, yes, I said Audience AU24e cabling and it's really, really amazing. Actually, I am quite shocked how good the Audience cables really are. Like the Grado and the Phasemation, the Audience cables while not being cheap cheap, represent amazing musical communication at extremely fair pricing. I am now a total Audience Cable believer.
This is what I have been listening to since the show:
1. cindytalk: the poetry of decay, editions Mego 112V
2. Chris & Cosey: Heartbeat (Remastered Edition), Rough Trade CTILP001
3. Fennesz: Endless Summer, editions Mego 135V
4. Jandek: Chair Beside A Window, Corwood 0742
5. Emeralds: What Happened, edition Mego 109V
6. Villages: the last whole earth, harvest hrv 004
7. Fein O'Berg: Live in Japan, Part One, editions Mego 110.1
8. Fein O'Berg: Live in Japan, Part Two, editions Mego 110.2
9. Ben Nash: Magic Lantern, Blackest Rainbow BRR199
10.Imaginary Softwoods: ST, Digtalis DIG1060V
11.Steve Gunn-John Truscinski: Sand City, TLR-083
12.Marnie Stern: ST, Kill Rock Stars KRS516
13.mice parade: Collaborations, bubble core/After Hours AH-008LP
14.Mount Eerie: No Flashlight, P.W. Elverum & Sun, ELV005
15.Microphones: Don't Smoke/Get off the Internet, P.W. Elverum & Sun, ELV012 (45 rpm)
16.CWK Joynes & The Restless Dead, Bo' Weavil GPS60/BW02 (45 rpm)
17.The Ingoes: Before we were the Blossom Toes, Sunbeam SBRLP5077
18.Los Lobos: Tin Can Trust, Sutro Park SP1005
19.steve gunn: sundowner, harvest hrv 006
20.Walls:ST, Kompakt 212
21.borngraber & struver: in g, m=minimal/Kompakt 003
22.sub rosa vs. kompakt: V.A. Quantum 442
23.Barn Owl: Ancestral Star, Trill Jockey thrill 253
24.Mountains: Choral, Thrill Jockey thrill 211
25.tim hecker: haunt me, haunt me do it again, alien8 alienlp89
26.Conjasufi: The Caliph's Tea Party, Warp LP206
27.Marcus Fjellstrom: Schattenspieler, Miasmah Recordings MIALP013
28.V.A.: Twenty Centuries of Stony Sleep, Rune Grammofon RLP3100
29.Mount Eerie: Song Islands vol.2, P.W. Elverum & Sun ELV 022
30.Mount Eerie: Songs Live in Denmark, Burnt Toast BTV063
31.Boris: Damaged, Diwphalanx R-0750549 (10")
32.Charlie Parr: When The Devil Goes Blind, Nero's Neptune LP16
33.The Secret Dub Life of the Flying Lizards: ST, Staubgold analogue 3
34.Dan Melchior: 'Visionary Pants' S.S. Records SS049
35.Jefre Cantu-Ledesma: Love is a Stream, Type 075V
36.New York Dolls: Live at Radio Luxenbourg, Paris Dec. 1973, Lilith LR308
37.Mark McGuire: "Off in the Distance" Eleventh Module CHM 011
38.Ted Lucas: ST, Sebastian Speaks SSP 010LP
39.SOARS:ST, La Societe Expeditionnaire LSE018
40.Human Beinz: in Japan, Sunbeam SBRLP5076
41.V.A.: supersilent 11, Rune Grammofon RLP3103
42.Circus Devils: Ataxia, Happy Jack HJRR19
43.The Legendary Pink Dots: Seconds Late For The Brighton Line, Roir RUSLP 8317
44.Carl Oesterhelt/ Johannes Enders: Divertimento fur Tenorsaxophon und kleines Ensemble, alien transitor LC:00197
45.EN: The Absent Coast, Root Strata RS69
46.benoit pioulard:lasted, kranky KRANK145
47.Wayne Shorter: Night Dreamer, Blue Note/Music Matters ST-84173
"GO BUY RECORDS"
1 Comments:
Nice! Glad to hear things went well in Colorado. Loved seeing the pics from your room. One of these days I'll make it out. Lots of new goodies to look out for on your latest list too. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family brotha'! Peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home