April's end...
Starting with the conclusion of the last playlist...
Did the Detroit Audio "BAD" Kharma show.
Quite frankly, the entire experience left me totally depressed and really empty of spirit to have much desire to listen.
First, the positive, I met quite a few totally cool people, had great sound and played totally awesome records.
Thanks to all who just rocked and made the glass half full instead of half empty.
Big Red was smiling driving by the mothership, bought some outrageous Johnny Cash records and did Buddy's family style with Paul. But, most importantly, had that major wake up call about how good I (we) have it.
Now, let's turn it over...
The hotel was a piece of shit coupled with a policy of I don't give a fuck about you.
Nothing, I mean nothing worked, no services, filth everywhere while disrepair seemed to be the central design element.
Except for the lack of gun fire, I felt more Beruit abstract than Detroit reality.
Now let's move from stupid to the horrific and shameful...
The only reason this hotel exists is due to a 2/3rd occupancy of Katrina refugees.
The shame of our nation smacked me in the face of all I hold good and decent.
The faces of these people lost in adversity and surrounded in despair cuts me to the quick.
I know no parallels in my life and I am powerless for solutions.
But, I do know, having an audio show surrounded by such sorrow and hopelessness is not cool, I will leave it at that.
Maybe next year, the sponsors will stop drinking and start thinking.
Did the Detroit Audio "BAD" Kharma show.
Quite frankly, the entire experience left me totally depressed and really empty of spirit to have much desire to listen.
First, the positive, I met quite a few totally cool people, had great sound and played totally awesome records.
Thanks to all who just rocked and made the glass half full instead of half empty.
Big Red was smiling driving by the mothership, bought some outrageous Johnny Cash records and did Buddy's family style with Paul. But, most importantly, had that major wake up call about how good I (we) have it.
Now, let's turn it over...
The hotel was a piece of shit coupled with a policy of I don't give a fuck about you.
Nothing, I mean nothing worked, no services, filth everywhere while disrepair seemed to be the central design element.
Except for the lack of gun fire, I felt more Beruit abstract than Detroit reality.
Now let's move from stupid to the horrific and shameful...
The only reason this hotel exists is due to a 2/3rd occupancy of Katrina refugees.
The shame of our nation smacked me in the face of all I hold good and decent.
The faces of these people lost in adversity and surrounded in despair cuts me to the quick.
I know no parallels in my life and I am powerless for solutions.
But, I do know, having an audio show surrounded by such sorrow and hopelessness is not cool, I will leave it at that.
Maybe next year, the sponsors will stop drinking and start thinking.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home