Sunday, July 25, 2010

In the mix

Mono/stereo, the cool and the disposable few. As July tumbles, I welcome August's arrival.

Great music flowing from great systems. TW/Horning Sati 520/Horning Eufrodite & Aristotle- Thoress 300B SE Monos, Tron Sevens... AWESOME.

1.James P. Johnson: The Father of The Stride Piano, Columbia CL1780 Mono
2.Sarah Vaughan: Sassy, Mercury Wing MGW 12237 Mono
3.Richard "Groove" Holmes: Les McCann Presents, Pacific Jazz Stereo 23
4.On: Something That Has Form and Something That Does Not, Type 062V
5.Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated: R&B from the Marquee, Ace of Clubs SWDDL720 Mono
6.Antoine Chessex/Arnaud Riviere: Split Crystal Clear 7", Staalplaat #45
7.Fennesz: Transition, Touch Seven TS 04
8.Rival Consoles: Helvetica, Erased Tapes erapt12
9.The Oscar Peterson Trio: Affinity, Verve, V-8516 Mono
10.Meet The Beatles, Capitol, T 2047 Mono
11.nils frahm: wintermusik, Erased Tapes, eratp18
12.The Animals: Animal Tracks, MGM, E 4305 Mono
13.David Sylvian: Manafon, samadhisound, sound-LP 002
14.Gentile Giant: In'terview, Capital ST-11532
15.Miles Davis: Kind of Blue, Columbia CL 1355 Mono
16.King Pleasure Sings/Annie Ross Sings: ST, Prestige 7128 Mono
17.VA: 18 Unsung Bluesmen, Rarities 1923-1929, I'm Going Where The Water Drinks Like Wine, Sub Rosa SRV287
18.VA: The Secret Policeman's Other Ball, "The Music", Island ILPS 9698
19.The Youngbloods: Elephant Mountain, RCA LSP-4150
20.Bert Jansch: Rosemary Lane, reprise 6455
21.Arthur Conley, sweet soul music, Atco 33-215 Mono
22.Ms. John Soda: No. P. OR D., Morr Music 031
23. Bola: Gnayse, Skam SKALD 015LP
24.The Lloyd Miller Trio: ST, Jazzman JM12.020
25.Olafur Arnalds: dyad 1909, Erased Tapes eratp19
26.Rival Consoles; the decadent ep, Erased Tapes eratp5
27.The British Expeditionary Force: chapter one: a long way from home, Erased Tapes eratp6
28.The Rascals: Peaceful World, Columbia G30462
29.Rival Consoles: 65/Milo Erased Tapes eratp013
30.stan westerhus: pitch black star spangled, rune grammofon RLP3099
31.AAron Martin: Worried About The Fire, Experimedia EXPOBO12LP
32.susanna and the magical orchestra: list of lights and buoys, rune grammofon RLP3034
33.puma: half nelson courtship, rune grammofon RLP3098
34.Bardo Pond: Peri, Three Lobed Recordings TLR067
35.Eternal Tapestry: Palace Of The Night Skies, Three Lobed Recordings TLR-069
36.A Frames 333, SS Records SS050
37.Daphne Oram: Oramics, Young Americans, YoungAM001 ("MY NEW FAVORITE RECORD")

1 Comments:

Blogger bstry said...

Dude, you are scaring me! I’m been hawking the internet since I heard your set up in the Capitol Audio show. The experience haunts me. The Aspara HL-1 speaker, I think, was amazing. I was not sure what part of the set up I could contribute the sound to but that rig was like no other I heard and clearly the class of the show. I spent over half my short time at the show listening to your system, with little interest in others. Also, thank you for playing two records I bought out the show: Cecil Taylor “For Olim” (Black Saint) and Denny Zeitlin & Charlie Haden “Time Remembers One Time Once” (Psi/ECM). The Cecil, I know well and have seen him over a half a dozen times in some cases feet away at the Vanguard. The rendering of his piano was unbelievable. Screw the image that was f#*@ing large, the tone and dynamic was so full of weight at a moderate volume level that it blew my mind.

So then I go back to your website to see your blog. I checking the entries and the music you listen to then also blows my mind. Twenty years ago during college I worked in the audio biz to pay some bills and all the people in the profession played Film and BB’s or Dire Straits; to see the passion for the music and the exploration of “the edges of music” again “blows my mind”. MV & EE, Rangda, Popol Vuh, Pelt, Larry Young, Gang Gang Dance, Sam Rivers, Kevin Drumm, Sven-Ake Johansson, etc. Come on, I know no one who is this clued in. There is no doubt I need to visit your store and that our paths will cross again. Keep on keeping on and I look forward to your next post. Bill Stry

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home